Georgia Undergraduate Research Conference
January 24th & 25th, 2014
The second annual Georgia Undergraduate Research Conference will be held on January 24-25, 2014 at Columbus State University in Columbus, Georgia. Research in all disciplines and from all institutions throughout the southeast will be presented. Prizes for outstanding posters and presentations will be awarded.
The conference will feature:
- Dr. Patricia Marstella , Director of Science Education & the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Undergraduate Science Program of Emory University
- Expert NIH bioethicist, Dr. David Resnik , will speak to and work individually with students on topics of research practice and ethics .
- Panel and Poster presentations from all disciplines.
- Special sessions where students can learn about future opportunities to conduct , enhance , and promote their research.
- Outstanding research from scholars conducted during their undergraduate course of studies and from institutions throughout the country.
- Faculty mentors sharing best practices and faculty-student research.
- Prizes for outstanding posters and presentations will be awarded.
2014 Conference Registration
Onsite registration will be available, however registration fees must be paid by cash or check.
Registration Fee: $50
2014 Conference Hotel
This year Fairfield Inn and Suites of Columbus will serve as the Conference Hotel. They have offered a rate of $79 plus tax for a limited number of double rooms for Friday and Saturday, January 24 and 25, 2014. This rate will be available through Friday, January 10, 2014. Rooms may be booked online or by phone. To secure the discounted rate, conference participants should indicate that the reservation is for "GURC at CSU."
Conference Committee Members
This conference is a collaborative effort of faculty members of various institutions within the University System of Georgia who support statewide undergraduate research programs.
Cindy Ticknor, Committee Chair, Mathematics Education, Columbus State University
Samuel Abegaz, Chemistry, Columbus State University
Koushik Banerjee, Georgia College & State University
Kymberly Drawdy, Special Education, Georgia Southern
Monica Frazier, Biology, Columbus State University
Steve Jones, Georgia College & State University
Shamim Khan, Computer Science, Columbus State University
Christopher McCollough, Columbus State University
Tim Sadenwasser, English, Georgia Regents University
Marina G. Smitherman, Biology, Dalton Statue College
Doreen Sams, Georgia College & State University
Questions: Laura Pate, Honors Program Administrative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-507-8776